Monday 15 July 2013

Kato's Level Reviews - The Happening World

Kalawishis's The Happening World (Funny Film) (By Kalawisis)
by Kalawishis (and Kalawisis who apparently did all the work.)
Link: http://lbp.me/v/me118c



I should've taken pictures, but I didn't. I guess I'm fired. *explodes*. I am no stranger to internet lingo. I know LOL means laugh out loud, ROFL is rolling on floor laughing, and TROLOLOL means there's lol's with trolling involved. I'm not certain of the origin of the Troll, only that I believe it comes from the word CONtrol, or possibly PAtrol. I'm not sure. I do know that the iconic Trollface originated from somebody poorly copying an image from Mighty Mouse. The modern internet age is a time of Lolcats, Roflopes, Memes, and Trollfaces, but then there's the lower key, more intelligent variety with dry wit and classical treatments. It brings back memories of Fawlty Towers, and Black Adder, and other good british comedies.

The Happening World teeters on the edge of both, never quite falling in with either crowd. It's presented as sort of a Monty Python meets Encyclopedia Dramatica crossover, only set in a LBP world. The skits flow nicely into each other, with non-sensical situations being a highlight. Watching this, it's easy to find favorite parts, or select favorite skits. Some I felt were really good and triddle dee dee, while others just sort of meh'd on by. The film had a particularly strong opening, which cut itself short very quickly, and got quite a few laughs out of me. It was the unexpected event which made the scene, as is the case with much of the skits.

Obviously from the description, some scenes are 13+. In fact most of them are. In fact quite a few of them have questionable content, so It's not a film for everyone. I personally am not offended by anything in it, as I'm casual enough to shrug at most things. I take the Avenue Q approach to life; aware that it sucks, but you can still get by. However, not everyone shares that philosophy to that should be kept in mind. In particular the Obama in Venice segment, while hilarious, is most likely going to upset some folks.

There's not much else I can offer. As this is a movie I can't really comment on controls or navigation. The stories are funny, with some fun lines and quirky humor. I would recommend it, but not to everyone.

TLDR:

Navigation – N/A

Visual – Cute designs. Characters were easily distinguishable, as were the different set locations. I didn't get that the lady was in an outhouse at first, but this is due to a trim on the wood material.

Sound – Music worked. It was a bit uncanny for the button to have voice acting out of nowhere. I think it would be best to make it all-or-nothing. Either get voice acting for everyone, or no one. Personally I found no complaint with the default voices. They all seemed to fit. Lol @ Obama in Venice. Oh-bama....

Gadgetry – Good sackbot acting. The movements were nice and fluid and the events were well timed.

Glitches - N/A

Story – The Board of Directors scene was my favorite. The biggest jerks often make the best comedy in my book. WHICH COULD BE WHY YASSEN WAS MY FAVORITE SACDROID CHARACTER. XD

Notes – In the Happening World 2 you need to make of of TV reporters. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment